A joint venture comprising Thales and Siemens Rail has been awarded a €208.7m contract with ADIF (Administrador de Infraestructuras Ferroviarias) to supply the European railways traffic management system (ERTMS) for the for a rail line in southern Spain.
The contract covers the installation of signalling, telecommunications and security technologies on the route connecting the cities of Antequera and Granada. Thales will install its electronic interlocking solution with the associated equipment and adjust the existing company technology on the Córdoba-Málaga high-speed line. On the other hand Siemens Rail will install the ERTMS level 2 with ASFA (Anuncio de Señales y Frenado Automático) train protection system, as well as its solutions for track circuits and LED signals, while modifying the ERTMS technology installed on the Córdoba-Málaga line. Under the contract, the Siemens-Thales joint venture will also maintain the installations over the next 20 years.
ADIF Alta Velocidad aims to bolster the high-speed line’s infrastructure and passenger security along the 126km of the Antequera-Granada line which will provide a direct, high-speed link between Granada and other cities, including Málaga, Córdoba, Seville and Madrid. It is also anticipated to improve links within the region of Andalusia.
Thales owns 55% stake in the joint venture, while the remainder 45% is owned by Siemens Rail.
Did you like this post? Would you like to be informed about the last railway signalling technical and commercial news? Join us on LinkedIn and stay updated!
railwaysignalling.eu | walk the rail talk
ADIF Alstom Transport Ansaldo ATC Automatic train Control Bombardier Business CBTC Community Computer Deutsche Bahn Eco Friendly ERTMS ETCS European Union GE Transportation Green Mobility GSM-R High Speed Hitachi Infrastructure Interlocking Interoperability Interview Labor Market level crossing Metro Moving Blocks Network Rail News PDF Public Transport Rail Rail Station Reliability Safety Siemens Sustainability Systems Engineering Technical Writing Thales Tram Trenitalia UNISIG Urban Mobility